Senior Mechanical Engineer ( for Offshore Mechanical Handling)
Perform Engineering design on current projects for onshore /offshore projects and to fulfill Departmental needs and support engineering operation within the Company.
Reporting lines and interactions:
Hierarchically reports to: Department Manager
Operationally reports to: Project Manager /Project Engineering Manager /Lead Mechanical Engineer
Directly supervises: Junior Engineers
Key interactions (internally, externally):
Internally: Disciplines Lead/Engineers, Project Team, QA Auditor, Buyer/Procurement Manager, Expeditor/Inspector, Planner
Externally: Client, JV Partners (DSME/Chevron), Equipment Suppliers/ Sub-suppliers, Third-party Inspector or Certifying Authorities,
Typical background and experience required:
- The Candidate (preferably Malaysian) shall posses a RECOGNISED Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E. Hons or equivalent), Second-class upper (or first class) and very fluent in professional English (oral /written) with good communication skill.
- Possess minimum 5 -10 years (Senior Engineer Position ) design experience, in Equipment selection for Bulk Material Handling equipment such as Screens, Apron Feeder, Belt Conveyor, Overland Conveyor, Stacker/ Reclaimer for Mining Industries, and in Nickel plant detailed engineering design, or similar experience. Cement plant design experience might also be considered.
- Possess similar working experience in Engineering design for Offshore platforms.
- Perform Offshore Material Handling Study for Detailed design for major clients like Chevron, Shell, Petronas or ExxonMobil and possess through knowledge on Offshore Mechanical study
- Understands requirements of Offshore Handling cranes, Handling Equipment and Tools / develop full details for path-way Operational implementation.
- Be thorough with the standards and good engineering practices of international oil companies, in addition to international codes such as API, ASME/ANSI , NFPA, NACE, EN and ISO .
- He must possess detailed knowledge of his field and able to perform technical audit / Pre-qualification meeting at Vendor's premises
Main scope of Engineering deliverables performed include:Engineer
- Interfacing with other disciplines within the company / client / vendor
- Provide basic engineering design and calculation / reports,
- Equipment selection & sizing for Bulk material handling equipment
- Produce deliverables for Material Requisition, specify Scope of Supply,
- Perform Equipment/Package Specification & Data Sheet for bidding and for Purchase
- Perform Equipment/Package technical bid evaluation
- Produce technical evaluation report / Bid recommendation
- Perform Equipment Cost estimation /Weight estimation
- Vendor data review for various Bulk material handling equipment ( including Apron Feeder, Cruiser, Screen and Conveyor, stacker / Reclaimer etc ) and approve /review Manufacturer Data Report (MDR)
- Inspection assistance (which will include own Technical Analyses of test results)
- Ability to solve site related issues / Support to Site Technical Queries (STQ)
Possess relevant qualification and knowledge, professional experience, good professional judgment, responsive and pro-active in execution project, and ability to handle different situations
Produce Quality Engineering deliverables / engineering service and meeting Client expectation
Able to achieve project milestone / schedule, and business goals
Fulfill QA /HSE aspects, with acceptable team-works
Ability to Lead / coach /guide young engineers
- Exhibit and maintain good relationship with Client / Peers / Equipment Vendor & suppliers.
- Good Professional Check (feedback) from past Employers / Clients.