Electrical Generator Foreman
- The incumbent supervises two electricians and is responsible for assigning weekly and emergency work for the electrical shop; overseeing the diagnosis of electrical system malfunctions, repairing defective wiring and connections to bring system back on line; ensuring that all electricians’ work meets Malaysian and International electrical code standards efficiently and effectively; first level maintenance of the Embassy’s generators; and will work on High, Medium, and Low Voltage systems.
- Applicants must have completed secondary schooling (MCE/SPM) or vocational education (SPMV) in electrical and electronic systems production is required. An A4 certification for electrical sub-station with Energy Commission of Malaysia is required. Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience as a journeyman and three years of progressively responsible experience as a supervisor are required.
- The incumbent must have the ability to operate an electrical sub-station, HT switches, 11 KV step down transformer and low-voltage ACB is required. He/She must have full journeyman knowledge of established practices and procedures of Electrical field. Good working knowledge of the Malaysian and international electrical codes is required. Ability to understand wiring diagrams, quality and safety standards is required.
- Ability to install, maintain and repair fire and security alarm and perform annual safety inspections on all life safety equipment is required. Incumbent must be able to bring properties into compliance with the latest fire, life safety and security regulations grounding the entire electrical system. He/she must possess a valid Malaysian driving license (Class B2 & D). Ability to calculate electrical loads and resistances in determining proper power distributions is required.
- A good working knowledge of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia is required.
The minimum starting annual salary is RM54,230. Benefits include: a two-month bonus, SOCSO, health & life insurance, annual, sick and maternity leave and a higher EPF contribution rate.
Please write in (include phone number, e-mail address, and expected salary but do not include photo) to the Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 10035, 50700 Kuala Lumpur or to KLHRO@state.gov by April 9, 2013. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAIL
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Closing Date: 9 April 2013