MONASH UNIVERSITY has a bold vision - to deliver significant improvements to the human condition. Distinguished by its international perspective, Monash takes pride in its commitment to innovate research and high quality teaching and learning.
Our campus at Bandar Sunway in Petaling Jaya strives to be a premier private research-intensive university, contributing to Malaysia and Asia. Due to our rapid growth and expansion, we are seeking suitably qualified individuals to join our dynamic team.
Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer and Program Coordinator of the DHES (Education-focused) - SASS
(Selangor - Bandar Sunway)
Education-Focused Level A academic staff duties will have an emphasis on:
- reviewing teaching activities and identifying and implementing strategies designed to improve outcomes for students;
- developing, applying and reviewing strategies through consideration of disciplinary and or learning and teaching research, and through effective collaboration with other staff at school level;
- working to disseminate disciplinary or educational innovations in documented, peer-reviewed activities and potentially participating in applications for competitive funding;
- undertaking a range of activities that contribute to maintaining currency with disciplinary and learning and teaching innovation;
- demonstrating efficient performance in allocated roles;
- taking on some responsibilities and contributing outcomes within school committees; and
- onset in developing external contributions to the community or to the discipline/profession.
Education-Focused Level B academic staff duties will have an emphasis on:
- a developing record in the dissemination of peer-reviewed disciplinary or educational innovations;
- taking an active role in obtaining funding to support such activity and engage in individual or collaborative projects;
- playing a role in curriculum design and review at school or department level;
- potentially engaging in the effective collaborative design or implementation of cross-faculty or cross-campus teaching activities or projects;
- undertaking a range of activities that contribute to maintaining currency with the discipline and with learning and teaching innovation; and
- having some involvement in Honours and (where appropriate) Research Higher Degree supervision would normally be expected.
This one-year course provides intensive learning opportunities in problem-solving, analytical, and research skills that will prepare students for the challenges of tertiary level academic studies. Once they have successfully completed the DHES, they can proceed to second year study at an Undergraduate degree.
The successful applicant will be teaching the two core units of the Diploma, namely Academic Literacies and Learning in Higher Education. The position is also expected to assume the role of DHES Program Coordinator. The role encompasses course planning, course design and development. The position also involves providing help and advice to students on the content of the course.
The appointee will be expected to make significant contributions to teaching and research and supervision of honours and postgraduate research students along with other professional activities within the school. Expertise compatible with the education/research strengths of the School within the broad area of South East Asia Studies is preferred.
Interested candidates are required to send their application to the University or email to email@example.com by 14 January 2013
The Human Resources Department
Monash University Sunway Campus
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
46150 Bandar Sunway
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Monash University Sunway Campus reserves the right to delay or not to proceed with an appointment for the above position. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Interested candidates please send application online to the University.
KP(JPS)/5195/US/595(16) KPT/JPT/DFT/US/B 04 Co. No. 458601-U (Date of Establishment: 20 March 2000)