Career at Bank Negara Malaysia
Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), as Malaysia’s Central Bank is entrusted with the task of overseeing the nation’s economic and financial system. Being a Central Bank in an emerging economy, Bank Negara Malaysia also places high importance in its developmental role with respect to economic management, institutional building and the development of the financial system infrastructure.
In line with our new initiatives, we invite suitably qualified candidates especially those with the required competencies to be a Central Banker to have a rewarding career with us as:
Financial Surveillance Manager (Bank Negara Malaysia)
1. Supervise the surveillance and assessment of risks to financial stability and recommend policy options on risk mitigation and crisis containment to Management to preserve the resilience of the financial system.
2. Undertake macroprudential surveillance and risk assessment on the equity and private debt securities markets, taking into account the inter-linkages and contagion of risks and developments (financial, structural and behavioural) in the domestic and external economy and financial system
3. Formulate recommendations on risk mitigation measures or policy options (including macroprudential policies) that need to be put in place to preserve confidence in and resilience of the structure, operations and functioning of the financial system
4. Promote effective communication of and collaboration with external parties on financial stability issues and policy actions (e.g. via the publication of the Monthly Statistical Bulletin, Quarterly Bulletin, Financial Stability and Payment Systems Report)
1. Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
2. Required skill(s): Project evaluation & feasibility, Familiarity in data & informational analysis of developments in the global, regional and domestic financial markets.
3. Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English
4. At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
5. Preferably Managers specializing in the area of Financial Stability Analysis, Financial Market Surveillance, or related discipline.
Bank Negara Malaysia is committed to the continuous career growth of our talents. The rewards we offer include:
- A challenging and rewarding career;
- A competitive basic salary to commensurate with skills and experience;
- Comprehensive medical coverage, insurance and other benefits that are amongst the best;
- Continuous learning opportunity locally and abroad through full scholarship or training program.
Closing Date: 19 January 2013
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.